Candidates who have both skill sets can indicate so in their application, however experience in both disciplines is not required. In your application, please provide details on your level of experience and expertise in each role requirement.
This role is available as a remote position, with opportunities for project based and full time employment.
Who we are:
At Takeoff we provide digital strategy, user experience, design and web development services to top brands and companies.
Our mission is to produce industry-leading websites with beautiful designs, user-friendly backends, and remarkable performance in a cost-effective way.
We build custom websites and applications on WordPress, Shopify, and popular frameworks like Laravel, following industry best practices and utilizing the latest technologies.
We are looking for a ux / visual website designer to join our team and support the growth we are experiencing!
As a website designer, you will own the delivery of the strategic visual presentation for web projects, working directly with project managers, clients, developers, supporting resources, and other stakeholders.
- Participation in project kickoff and strategic discovery with end client
- Review client website and create questions for client that will help define needs for branding and general site aesthetic
- Audit and validate existing client designs files like logos and color palette for use on website and compliance with accessibility standards
- Find example websites or create a moodboard to present to client to gauge their desired design style
- Creation of user experience requirements
- Research into industry best practices and client competitive analysis
- Development of sitemap and information architecture
- Development of wireframes, workflow diagrams and functional requirements documentation
- Creation of website designs
- Develop initial concepts, templates and production files for website design.
- For certain projects, updates to branding including logo design, selection of fonts and color palette
- For certain projects, development of custom illustrations
- For certain projects, sourcing of stock photography or providing strategic direction for client generated photography
- Support the project team to maintain high levels of motivation and efficiency, by listening and responding to questions, and clearing blockers for them.
- Support clients to maintain high customer satisfaction by listening and responding to inquiries and concerns, offering solutions and recommendations, and acting in their best interest.
- Manage client expectations
- In partnership with your project manager, identify scope creep within client requests
- Communicate project and task completion timelines to your project manager and client
- Proactively update project manager and clients on project and task statuses
- Contribute to internal process improvements
- 5+ years of website design experience within a digital agency (or consulting firm) in a client facing role
- Experience with design tools like Figma, Adobe suite, Sketch, Invision
- Experience working directly with developers to ensure designs comply with technology standards and limitations
- Experience designing for WordPress or Shopify sites
- Managing design for multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with Asana and G Suite applications
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Availability mostly during EST business hours
Compensation & Benefits:
- For project based role, please indicate your availability and hourly rate
- For full time role, please indicate your salary requirements in your application
- Work from home, with flexible work hours and schedule
- For full time role, 5 weeks paid time off
To apply send an email with the job title in the subject line to: