This is a remote position, with opportunities for project based and full time employment.
Who we are:
At Takeoff we provide digital strategy, user experience design, visual design, and web development services to large brands and high-growth companies.
We are looking for a UX and/or Visual website designer to support the growth we are experiencing!
As a designer with our team, you will own the delivery of the strategic visual presentation for web projects, working directly with project managers, clients, developers, supporting resources, and other stakeholders.
- Participation in project kickoff and strategic discovery with end client
- Review client website and create questions for client that will help define needs for branding and general site aesthetic
- Audit and validate existing client designs files like logos and color palette for use on website and compliance with accessibility standards
- Find example websites or create a moodboard to present to client to gauge their desired design style
- Creation of user experience requirements (UX design role only)
- Research into industry best practices and client competitive analysis
- Development of sitemap and information architecture
- Development of wireframes, workflow diagrams and functional requirements documentation
- Creation of website designs (Visual design role only)
- Develop initial concepts, templates and production files for website design.
- For certain projects, updates to branding including logo design, selection of fonts and color palette
- For certain projects, development of custom illustrations
- For certain projects, sourcing of stock photography or providing strategic direction for client generated photography
- Support the project team to maintain high levels of motivation and efficiency, by listening and responding to questions, and clearing blockers for them.
- Support clients to maintain high customer satisfaction by listening and responding to inquiries and concerns, offering solutions and recommendations, and acting in their best interest.
- Manage client expectations
- In partnership with your project manager, identify scope creep within client requests
- Communicate project and task completion timelines to your project manager and client
- Proactively update project manager and clients on project and task statuses
- Contribute to internal process improvements
- 3+ years of interactive website design experience
- Experience with design tools like Figma, Adobe suite, Sketch, Invision
- Experience working directly with developers to ensure designs comply with technology standards and limitations
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Availability 15-20 hours per week, with ideally 2-3 hours per day overlapping with EST business hours to schedule checkin calls and discussions with the project team.
Compensation & Benefits:
- For project based work, our project design budgets range from $4k-$10k.
- For full time role, please indicate your salary requirements in your application
- Work from home, with flexible work hours and schedule
- For full time role, 5 weeks paid time off
To apply send an email with the job title in the subject line to: